April 26, 2016

Henry Bach in Bizerte, North Africa



Hello, my name is Eric Cook and I recently came across the website for the 109th Engineer battalion. The photo I've sent is one of a group from that unit in N. Africa in 1943, I believe. 

My great uncle Henry Bach is the second from the left. He was with a medical detachment, according to the 349th ID "Tunisian Campaign" booklet that I acquired from my grandmother many years ago. My great uncle died in 1963 so I never met him. I would like to have the photo put on the website, if you don't mind.

Also, I don't know how many veterans of the unit are still around but, I would like to see if anyone might recognize my uncle! Either way, please feel free to contact me if you like as I have a few bits and pieces of info.

Sincerely,

Eric Cook



No comments:

Post a Comment